- Sleeps 2 + 1
- Remote location
- Traditional blackhouse, sensitively restored
- Lovely views of the sea
- 2 miles from main road along farm track, 1 mile from Treshnish Cottages
- 10 minutes walk down to the shore
- Shared large grassy Hebridean garden, each cottage has its own picnic bench
- No TV – games and books instead
- Wifi for guests use in the Phone Room/Library, one mile away down at the farm
- 2 well behaved dogs allowed
- Double bedroom, with additional single futon chair (for +1)
- Open plan kitchen living room
- Wood burning stove
- Comfortable sofa and armchair by stove
- Victorian pew and chairs at dining table
- Ceramic hob cooker
- Fridge freezer
- CD player/radio
- Electric heating (mixture of under-floor & wall heaters)
- Access through bedroom to the bathroom
East Cottage is a blackhouse, one of three, located at Haunn on the north west of the Isle of Mull. This blackhouse is a small cottage, with walls of stone over 3′ thick, built probably in the early 1800’s and lived in until the 1940’s. There are not many blackhouses to rent on Mull and we have done what we can to preserve their character whilst making them more comfortable – the thick walls mean they are very warm and cosy!The entrance leads into a charming open plan kitchen-living room with gas cooker, fridge/freezer, dining table and chairs with antique carved pew and an attractive farmhouse sideboard. Comfortable fireside seating – sofa and armchair – by the wood burning stove, with cupboards housing a variety of games and books.
The bedroom has a king sized bed (made locally using reclaimed English oak and pine) and a futon chair-bed. Access to the bathroom with shower, W.C. and washbasin is through here (making East more suited to single family occupancy).
East has lovely views over the Haunn fields to Treshnish Point from both living room and bedroom.
East shares the large fenced garden and washing line with Middle and West, and has its own table/bench.
The Other Cottages